Re: [Swftools-common] embedded actionscript internet explorer problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] embedded actionscript internet explorer problem
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:41:29 +0200

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 05:20:07PM +0200, Jacek Brzeski wrote:
> open the page in ie (tested on 6.0); change the window size to less than
> 650 height (that's the movie height) and scroll down. After reaching
> actionscript the browser will go up...

Yes, I see it too- seems the rewinding of the SWF file resets the whole
page. It's even more visible if you insert some html text before the
SWF <object>. It also seems that if multiple movies are on a page, the
rewinding of *any* one causes the page to scroll up again.

I also tried to insert the html file containing the SWF into another html
and then using an <iframe>, but that didn't help either.

One solution I've so far come up with is to insert the whole movie into
a sprite. (Either with swfc's sprite tag, or simply by running
"swfcombine -t movie.swf -o movie.swf")

Greetings