[Swftools-common] Anybody seen this before? --- rfxswf error: sprite doe

From: Mike Morrison
Subject: [Swftools-common] Anybody seen this before? --- rfxswf error: sprite doesn't end
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:37:06 -0400

Hi All,

Running this command:

swfcombine -o newfile.swf rectangles.swf mycircle1=admin.swf

...and getting this error:

rfxswf error: sprite doesn't end(1)
rfxswf error: sprite doesn't end(2)
swf_Relocate: Mapping id (5) never encountered before in DEFINESPRITE

Seems to be something specific to the admin.swf file, which was created with RoboDemo. Same command works fine when trying to combine rectangles.swf with a different, freshly-made swf from Flash.

Any way I can re-compress/convert that admin.swf so that it's more swfcombine-friendly? Or is that not even the problem?

My troubleshooting ability is severely limited by my utter lack of experience with Flash.

Even a little nudge in the right direction
here would be awesome. In the meantime, I'll keep at it.

Thanks in advance (SWF Tools rox!),
Mike Morrison