Re: [Swftools-common] Euro Support in Font2SWF

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Euro Support in Font2SWF
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:16:45 +0200

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 05:59:14PM +0100, Niall Donegan wrote:
> When converting fonts using font2swf the Euro symbol within the font
> seems to be ignored. The font I am converting from does have the Euro
> symbol included, but if I look at the resultant output file, there is no
> euro symbol.

The "visual section" of the output file only displays characters
from iso-8859-1 (not -15!), i.e. the first 256 Unicode characters.
As Euro is codepoint 8364 (20AC) in Unicode, it's not included in there.

It's converted nontheless, though. So if you use the font in an .sc
file, and then use the \u notation to specify the Euro codepoint,
you will see the symbol.

.flash filename="test.swf"
    .font myfont "Arial.swf"
    .text mytext font=myfont text="Just my \u20AC 0.01"
    .put mytext
.end

Greetings