Re: [Swftools-common] probably bug?

From: Chris Flowers
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] probably bug?
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:28:27 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lalanne Laurent" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 8:26 AM

> > Try making your paths with double-slashes.
> >
> > Like this:
> > "D:\\Work\\swf\\bin\\Debug\\res\\Verdana.ttf"
> >
> > single slashes can be mistaken for string escape characters.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> I think it work under windows like this :
>
> "D:/Work/swf/bin/Debug/res/Verdana.ttf"
>
> Laurent
> sorry for direct reply Chris...

No prob...
It may work with front slashes if url style paths are supported, however
Windows paths do use backslashes "\".
Then, generally in programming, strings and scripts usually require
double-backslashes
so not to be confused with escape characters like "\r\n" when they are
parsed.
Finally, surrounding paths with quotes further helps resolve long paths with
whitespaces.

Chris