Re: [Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:16:25 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 01:33:13PM -0400, Neal Murphy wrote:
> This leads me to a potential request for pdf2swf: during the conversion,
> would
> it be possible to discard all unused glyphs in any fonts that are used? I am,
> of course, assuming that the resultant swf has static content.

That's what pdf2swf 0.7.0 is doing now. It reduces all unused characters
to size zero.
Only if you pass the "-f" option to pdf2swf are characters stored even
though they are not used.

Fonts are also smaller now- they are only stored in the resolution
needed for displaying them.
So a character in a font which is only used at 9pt will consist of only
a few splines.

That being said, I'm very interested in any SWFs converted with 0.7.0
which are larger than they should be, especially if you think the font
is to blame. :)

Greetings