Re: [Swftools-common] Using SWFTools in VisualStudio 6.0

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using SWFTools in VisualStudio 6.0
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:39:04 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 07:33:59PM +0530, Krishnan Sriram Rama wrote:
> I have downloaded swftools-0.6.3.tar. But I am not able to compile the
> code(s) in Visual Studio 6.0. Do you have any documents suggesting the
> procedure and the list of supporting file(s) I need to use/download, to
> use it in Visual Studio 6.0.

I'm not aware of anyone who has ever built swftools in Visual Studio.
The recommended approach is to use MingW instead

If you still want to use VS6, you could probably get the sources of
jpeglib, freetype and zlib from the net, and then somehow integrate
them with the swftools C++ sources. In this case, you'll need
to get the following archives:
Extract all of them into some common directory, and then add them
to VS. You'll probably have to change some of the C/C++ code. As I said,
nobody has ever done this before, so not sure whether this will work at