Re: [Swftools-common] Using SWFTools in VisualStudio 6.0

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using SWFTools in VisualStudio 6.0
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:39:04 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 07:33:59PM +0530, Krishnan Sriram Rama wrote:
> I have downloaded swftools-0.6.3.tar. But I am not able to compile the
> code(s) in Visual Studio 6.0. Do you have any documents suggesting the
> procedure and the list of supporting file(s) I need to use/download, to
> use it in Visual Studio 6.0.

I'm not aware of anyone who has ever built swftools in Visual Studio.
The recommended approach is to use MingW instead
(http://www.mingw.org/).

If you still want to use VS6, you could probably get the sources of
jpeglib, freetype and zlib from the net, and then somehow integrate
them with the swftools C++ sources. In this case, you'll need
to get the following archives:
    http://www.swftools.org/swftools/swftools-dev.tar.gz
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/freetype/freetype-2.1.10.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
    http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz
Extract all of them into some common directory, and then add them
to VS. You'll probably have to change some of the C/C++ code. As I said,
nobody has ever done this before, so not sure whether this will work at
all.

Greetings