Re: [Swftools-common] help me!

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] help me!
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:57:56 +0200

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 10:28:48AM +0800, Henry wrote:
> I have a project to parse swf, modify some component's properties of
> swf, and combine some movie clips to swf file.
>
> But I don't know how to start it.
>
> Choice a library, study spec. of swf or another way ?
>
> Could somebody suggests me what's reference I would read?

I'd start with reading the official SWF specification
(available somewhere on www.macromedia.com), and then
decide whether to roll your own implementation, or use one of
the existing libraries out there.
What you need to do doesn't sound too difficult, so you might
get away cheap with doing an own high-level (tags only) parser/writer
for your specific goal. Use "swfcombine -d" to decompress SWF files
so you can skip the zlib part of the spec.

Greetings