[Swftools-common] Compile swftools on Windows (statically link libungif)

From: Will Prater
Subject: [Swftools-common] Compile swftools on Windows (statically link libungif)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:32:05 -0700

All,

These instructions are only briefly modified from this post:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2005-02/msg00023.html

Build Instructions:

[1] Download SWFTools-0.6.2 source code

From http://www.quiss.org/swftools/download.html
download swftools-0.6.2.tar.gz, unpack all of the archive files directly into c:\.

[2] Install MinGW and MSYS

From http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml
Download:
   MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe
   MSYS-1.0.10.exe
   w32api-3.2.tar.gz

(** I tried MinGW-3.2.0rc3.exe first but
    could not compile the xpdf using bundled gcc 3.4.2)

and install them in that order, taking the default
install locations of c:\mingw and c:\msys\1.0.
Add c:\mingw\bin to your $PATH.
Unpack w32api-3.2.tar.gz to c:\mingw.

[3] Installing the rest of the dependencies

From http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html, download setup (.exe)
for:
   Bison-1.875
   Flex-2.5.4a
   GetText-0.14.1
   LibFreetype-2.1.8
   Libgw32c-0.4
   LibIconv-1.8
   Libjpeg-6b
   Libpng-1.2.8
   T1Lib-5.0.2
   Zlib-1.2.2

Run the installer, set the install location to c:\gnuwin32.

Note that If you want to build executables without dependencies to dlls, remove '*.dll.a' from c:\gnuwin32\lib. Recommended.

From http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm,
download "Developer files" for LibIconv-1.8 and unpack files to c: \gnuwin32.

From the links on http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html,
download following files:
  fontconfig-2.2.2-20040412.zip
  fontconfig-dev-2.2.2-20040412.zip

Create c:\fontconfig and unpack all of the zip files directly into
that directory.

From http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=290,
download lame-3.96.1.tar.gz and unpack all of the archive files directly into c:\.

[3a] If you wish to statically compile libungif (modified 05/05/13 by Will Prater)