Re: [Swftools-common] swftools amd64 problems

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swftools amd64 problems
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:28:24 +0200

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 02:30:31PM -0500, Peter Kieltyka wrote:
> I compiled swftools on my amd64 gentoo machine just fine, however when
> running pdf2swf I noticed the following error:
>
> rfxswf: sizeof(RGBA)!=sizeof(U32))rfxswf:
> sizeof(RGBA)!=sizeof(U32))rfxswf: sizeof(RGBA)!=sizeof(U32))
>
> Looks like the sizes don't match up as a result of 32bit vs 64bit. I
> was wondering if there is anything planned to create 64bit support?

Yes, I sort of was expecting something like this to pop up these
days.
So far, swftools makes a number of 32 bit assumptions, sizeof(int)==32
being the most common.
Once I get one of those shiny amd64 systems, too, the code will almost
certainly get a complete 64 bit workover-
but at the moment, I'm still stuck with my two 32 bit machines. :(

Greetings