Re: [Swftools-common] Sound Garbled

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Sound Garbled
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:48:22 +0200

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 03:18:36PM -0700, Chris Cherrett wrote:
> When I extract the mp3 stream usinf swfextract, there is no garbling. Only in
> the swf file. I also tried extracting the mp3 stream from tsiware.swf and I
> got the same clear mp3.

Thanks for the files. I believe I now found the problem-
the .avi framerate is converted to a 8.8 precision swf framerate, so
that 29.97 fps gets 29.96875- and for the video/audio synchronization,
the wrong framerate is used, so the sound blocks don't match the frame
timing exactly.
This will be fixed in the next version.

Greetings