Re: [Swftools-common] swfc and databases

From: Chris Flowers
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc and databases
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:39:10 -0500

> I am so green at this. How do I start writting ActionScript code? I am but
> lowley Java programmer. Do I embed AS in swfc?
>
> Thanks

http://www.gearyweb.com/swfwiki/index.php/Main_Page

There's a few examples at the above link.

You'll want to look at the '.action' command.

.action:
 //action script goes in here
.end

It would help to look around Flash sites and get a good understanding
about AS and how the swf format works before jumping into something
as advance as what you were asking. There are several approaches.

Since you are a java programmer it may be easier for you to use the
swf only for an interface and call java functions via fscommands hooked
to buttons.

Chris