[Swftools-common] generating swf fonts

From: Giniu
Subject: [Swftools-common] generating swf fonts
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:13:54 +0100

Hi again...

I was looking around in CVS and in /lib/examples I found hexfont.c - now I know that something like generating swf font files with specify glyph ranges is possible by compiling custom tool, but in this example is without coments, can someone explain writing font files, or direct me to some materials over net? i googled around, but couldn't find anything about that... Just what those options used in this files means... like:

what means 32 in object.encoding = 32;? is this some ISO, UTF-8, full Unicode?? is somewhere table of supported encodings? for what are used object.ascii2glyph[number]=x and object.glyph2asci[number]=y ? are ymax/min and xmax/min used for formating swf, or for something else, what values are correct?

I know some basics of C, so this file isn't something tottaly unclear for me, but i need eplain of used methods, since i don't have time to study source code of rfxswf to find that out. This is very important thing for me, thanks in advance...

Giniu

PS.: sorry for my english, I'm doing my best, but not allways I get results that I want... :P