[Swftools-common] truncation of sound

From: Steve Allam
Subject: [Swftools-common] truncation of sound
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:22:08 +0000

Hi,

I have just discovered swftools, and they look to be very useful. I want to use them for something quite simple, which is to provide sound files via swf. I have created a small script to create a swf file which contains a sound, and a button, which when pressed, starts the playback of the sound again. This is shown below.

This works fine, but I find that the playback of the resulting swf file truncates the end of the sound file. The file in question is a short audio voice clip. If you listen to the original wav file, all is fine, however, the swf file loses the last part, which is usually just the end of a work, so that you will here 'emai' rather than 'email' for example.

Has any one seen this?

Steve
p.s.  script may not be as optimal as it could be!

.flash bbox=autocrop version=5 name="text.swf" compress

 .jpeg back "replay.jpg"
 .box button_idle width=80 height=26 fill=back line=0

 .sound Tone "test.wav"

 .button b1
   .show button_idle as=area
   .show button_idle as=idle
   .show button_idle alpha=90% as=hover
   .on_press:
     _root.Play();
   .end
 .end
.frame 0
 .put b1

.frame 1
 .play Tone
.frame 3
.end

--
Imhotek Ltd.
30a Hart Street, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2AL