Re: [Swftools-common] Building SWFTools on Windows

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Building SWFTools on Windows
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:30:52 +0100

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 05:32:14AM +0900, Daichi Shinozaki wrote:
> I spent some time today trying to build SWFTools v0.6.2 on Windows
> using Mingw32 and MSYS, I had success.
>
> Build Instructions:

Great! Many thanks for this.

I'll put a link to your mail into the FAQ, as the question of
how to compile on Windows arises quite often.

> [6] Configuring SWFTools
> Open and edit the configure script.
> Jump to the line 10123, replace a line
>
> LIBS="-lfreetype $LIBS"
>
> with
>
> LIBS="-lfreetype $LIBS -lgw32c"

Another option might have been to also add "LIBS" to your .profile:

    LIBS="-lgw32c"

Does this work, too?

> Open the config.h, and replace a line
>
> #define boolean int
>
> with
>
> #define boolean unsigned char

So the gnuwin32 compile of jpeglib uses char as boolean?
(The one I use for cross-compiling as well as the Linux version use int)
I wish these guys would make up their mind...

Maybe there should be a configure check for this (by somehow letting
jpeglib fill out some data structures and then checking the position
of fields right after a boolean- oh boy, that's ugly...).

> Note: As an important side effect of builing on Windows,
> the resulting exes is able to accept wildcard(*) in the command-line.
>
> You can type "png2swf *.png" in your command-line, for example.

Any idea why that is so? Do they use a different program entry point
or something?
I mean, both the sources and the compiler (MinGW) are the same, right?

Greetings