Re: [Swftools-common] Build pdf2swf on Windows

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Build pdf2swf on Windows
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:27:07 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 05:43:07PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:
> I had downloaded the source code from
> http://www.quiss.org/swftools/download.html as a gzip file
> (swftools-0.6.2.tar.gz).

You may rather want to use the latest CVS version- it
contains a number of fixes to the Makefiles and configure.

> The FAQ section on the site specifies that "You need MingW
> (http://www.mingw.org <http://www.mingw.org> ) to compile it.".
>
> I downloaded 'MingW' from the above mentioned site. I also downloaded
> 'Msys' from the site. Msys gives a UNIX like environment.
>
> I started off the installation by copying the extracted source code to
> /swftools .'/' is the root directory (in my case it is C:\msys\1.0).

So you're trying to compile swftools for Windows, *on* Windows?
I admit I never tried that- I always cross compile from Linux. :)

> checking for missing libraries...  jpeglib.h

> * The following headers/libraries are missing:  jpeglib.h

That's probably due to the files that jpeglib.h includes itself,
like jconfig.h and jmorecfg.h. Those also need to be in your
include path.

Greetings