[Swftools-common] swftools documentation wiki started

From: michael geary
Subject: [Swftools-common] swftools documentation wiki started
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:22:44 -0700

Hi Folks,

Like many of you, I have benefited from this great suite of tools. However, unlike many of you, I am not an experienced C/C++ programmer, and as such, I cannot examine source code and infer much about the functionality of these great tools.

SO, after brief consultation with Matthias, I have decided to start a grassroots documentation effort. I have set up a WIKI at:

http://www.gearyweb.com/swfwiki/

This wiki is intended to be a site where, eventually, all aspects of swftools will be documented. Because of my own needs, I will probably be starting with the Python module, and going from there. With Matthias' approval, I will co-opt the existing documentation on swftools and integrate it into this wiki, and in the process I hope to expand upon the docs where possible.

I would invite you all to help make this documentation more complete. True to the spirit of Wiki's, any visitor to this site can edit or add content. If you discover some functionality, or come up with a cool concept piece, please (PLEASE) come to the wiki and add a page or two.

I'm a wiki novice myself, but all you have to do to add a page is add a link to an existing page:

1) click on "Edit this page" in the footer of the existing page
2) at an appropriate place in the content, add a link with the following simple syntax: [[nameOfNewPage]]
3) "Save" the page, and then click on the new link that you just created
4) add your content.

Please feel free to email me with any questions about the wiki <michael at gearyweb dot com>.

Thanks all. I hope this will be useful (once there's actually something there!)

-michael