[Swftools-common] python SWF module breaks files...

From: michael geary
Subject: [Swftools-common] python SWF module breaks files...
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:17:02 -0700

Hi folks,

I'm using the great color adjusting python script Matthias posted a while ago. However, it appears that the method:

SWF.save()

updates the SWF and appears to break it in the process. For example, I've got a SWF that uses DEFINESHAPE for it's shapes. As I understand it, this suggests an older format of the SWF spec. After doing a simply SWF.load() and then SWF.save() on this file, the shapes are now DEFINESHAPE3 shapes, and for some reason, my animation breaks.

I'd be happy to send sample SWFs to anyone who could help me with this.

This is breaking what is otherwise an awesome system. Can anything be done? Help!

Thanks,

michael geary