[Swftools-common] swfcombine and non--swfc generated movie

From: stephane chatre
Subject: [Swftools-common] swfcombine and non--swfc generated movie
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:57:32 -0800 (PST)

I've been stuck on this for a few days now so I figure I'd ask. I am trying to
insert an SWF file inside of another SWF file's sprite with swfcombine. Any
input is greatly appreciated:

In a movie A.swf created with Flash MX, I have a MovieClip within a sprite
called "myRect".
I checked "Export for ActionScript" and "Export for runtime sharing" when
converting 'myRect' to a MovieClip. A.swf is exported in Flash 6 format.

I then try to insert into "myRect" file B.swf with 'swfcombine -o out.swf A.swf
myRect=B.swf' and get the following error:
"WARNING Didn't find anything named myRect in file. No substitution will occur"

The output of 'swfdump A.swf' yields:
[...]
export 0002 as "myRect"
DEFINESPRITE defines id 0004
     SOUNDSTREAMHEAD2
     PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0002 at depth 0001 name "myRect"
     SHOWFRAME 0 (00:00:00,000)
     END
[...]

However If I try to insert B.swf in another MovieClip within A.swf that is not
part of a sprite it works.

Any suggestion of something else to try out is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the great tools BTW Matthias.

SC.