[Swftools-common] pdf2swf and font embedding

From: alfonso florio
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf and font embedding
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:10:32 +0200

First of all congratulations for the great job!

I have a BIG problem with pdf2swf with the embedding of fonts...

i tried to generate some pdf from ppt files and from web pages.... I'm using the acrobat distiller 5 and I set the "embed all fonts"...

but all the times the pdf2swf gives me the WARNING

> WARNING Didn't find character 'bullet' in font '/tmp/21496b1644a72a83.pfb'
> WARNING Didn't find character 'guilsinglright' in font '/tmp/21496b1644a72a83.pfb'

and I receive the same Warning for all the italian special chars (èòàù) and for the magic quotes....

of course all this caracters are not showed in my swf!

any way to solve this problem?

thank you in advance!

Alfonso Florio