Re: [Swftools-common] Creating a PreLoader

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Creating a PreLoader
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:50:45 +0200

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:50:47PM -0400, Mike McKinnon wrote:
> Can someone give me an example of how they created a pre-loader that will
> work
> with swfcombine?
>
> I am trying to combine it but keep getting error message that it cannot find
> anything named
> movie in the file?  Does this go in the loader swf or the final swf?

Well, the usual command is

    swfcombine PreLoaderTemplate.swf \
        loader=your_preloader.swf \
        movie=movie_to_load.swf

The important thing is to replace your_preloader.swf, *not*
PreLoaderTemplate.swf.
Concerning the former, any SWF file should be fine as long
as it doesn't do too much ActionScript.

Greetings