[Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been create

From: Kevin Minney
Subject: [Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been created with vnc2swf?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:49:44 -0700

Hi experts,

I have just managed to get vnc2swf to run on my Linux box after some
struggling initially to get ming to install. I can record my vnc session
ok, and my initial impression is that vnc2swf is an excellent
application!

However, I now need to add audio to my swf. I cannot do a live audio
recording as my Linux box is located some 200ft away from my office.
(Microphone lead won't reach!). So I am planning to record the audio to
mp3 on my Windows2000 laptop at a later date and add then audio to the
swf which I recorded using vnc2swf.

Can you tell me if this is possible with vnc2swf or swftools?

Ultimately I would like to record the audio live, while recording the
video but as I mentioned I can't use a microphone on my Linux box
because of it's location. My linux box is a server class machine, and as
such has no console/monitor, I use my laptop as my 'window' into my
Linux box using VNC. If there is some way of using my microphone with my
laptop and transferring the live audio to my Linux box over the local
network so I could record live audio with vnc2swf that would be great.

BTW I did try 'vnc2swf -soundfile audio.mp3 out.swf' to add some
background audio while I recorded my vnc desktop but this is crashing
with a segmentation violation for some reason,

thanks,

Kevin