Re: [Swftools-common] 0.5.0 on Cygwin

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] 0.5.0 on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:08:09 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:06:31AM -0500, Jeremy wrote:
> I noticed that version 0.5.0 was available so I downloaded it and am
> trying to compile it using Cygwin. I'm not having too much luck at it
> (considering I'm not good at Cygwin, I'm not surprised). Are there any
> special instructions for compiling it on Cygwin. Or does anyone have a
> compiled version from Cygwin they can send me?

I didn't compile on Cygwin for some time, but MingW usually works
fine. (See my other mail)
Depending on what distribution you have, it's more or less complicated
to install MingW. It's probably most easy with Debian:

    apt-get install mingw32 mingw32-binutils mingw32-runtime

Then, you can compile swftools by doing:

    CXX=i586-mingw32msvc-g++ CC=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc \
    AR=i586-mingw32msvc-ar RANLIB=i586-mingw32msvc-ranlib \
    ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc

    make

Greetings