Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with avi2swf

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with avi2swf
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:54:02 +0100

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 11:37:17AM -0700, Amartyo Banerjee wrote:
> When I try to convert an avi to a flash file using avi2swf, I get large
> numbers of warning
> messages. When I try to view the resulting flash file, the colour is lost and
> I see 3 thin narrow
> frames side by side.
> Here is an example of converting and the warning messages:
> avi2swf 30sec.avi -o avflash.swf
> convert frame 0<CImage> : Cannot convert non-YUV image to BGR24

This is a bug which was fixed in the development version of swftools:
    http://www.quiss.org/swftools/swftools-2003-08-08-1851.tar.gz

> As I already said, when I view the file using gflashplayer, the image is in
> black and white and
> there are 3 narrow vertical frames adjacent to each other.

The vertical frames might be due to the image subdivision (in
0.4.4, every movie is divided into 3x2 blocks, which are encoded seperately),
the black and white is most probably due to libavifile and not avi2swf
itself, though, so you might want to consider upgrading or downgrading
your avifile library.

In any case, I'd recommend first trying the development version of
swftools- the avi2swf utility was completely rewritten, so there's a
good chance the problems will simply "go away". :)

Greetings