swarm-swarmfest2004

[SwarmFest2004] Re: [Directors] swarmfest posters vs 20 vs 30 minutes

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [SwarmFest2004] Re: [Directors] swarmfest posters vs 20 vs 30 minutes
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:17:11 -0700

Rick Riolo wrote:
I see from the acceptance letters from last year that
as of the date of acceptance, papers were just put into
the Poster vs Talk categories, and the Talk people
were asked for a prefered time, 20 or 30 minutes.

I supposed we could do that this year, too, if
we can't settle on times for all the papers by
today (or tomorrow latest).

Or we could go with (almost) all at 15/20min (ie 3 per hour) talks?

In years past, we had extra time so we let some people have more time if they wanted it.

This year we don't have extra time, so I think one standard time is the best. In my field anyway, 20 mins. per talk is almost universal.

And yes, that means telling people they have only 15 mins. to talk, leaving time for questions & Intros.

And yes, people that go on too long is always a problem.

Steve
--
Lang, Railsback & Associates
Arcata, CA