[Swarm-Support] crash at odd timestep

From: Corinne Coen
Subject: [Swarm-Support] crash at odd timestep
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:01:32 -0500

Dear Swarm folk

I am an unsophisticated user of swarm.  I have a model I built several years ago (it uses swarm-2.2).  Although I recall that it worked fine when I built it, now, when I run it in BatchSwarm mode, it crashes at timestep=55.  When stopT is equal to any number from 1 through 55, it stops at the indicated timestep.  When stopT is set at 56 or above it crashes after timestep 55.  In contrast, in GUI it also crashes but at timestep 166.  Again with stopT set anywhere from 1-165, it stops at the desired step.  With stopT=166 or higher, it crashes.  I get the following error message:

*** event raised for error: OffsetOutOfRange

*** function: indexAtOffset(), file: /home/pauljohn/LinuxDownloads/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.2/src/collections/Collection.m, line: 119

*** execution terminating due to error

/home/pauljohn/LinuxDownloads/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.2/src/defobj/Symbol.m:187 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:] Aborted

Can you help me figure out the cause of the crashes?

Best,

Corinne