Re: [Swarm-Support] R and hdf5 question on OSX

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] R and hdf5 question on OSX
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:29:25 -0700

paul box wrote:

checking for library containing H5open... no
configure: error: Can't find zlib
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'hdf5'

Well, probably it needs debugging on MacOS X. I think I've installed it by hand before on MacOS X, but directives like -Wl,-rpath, don't make sense on MacOS X. Anyway, the configure script is just trying to ensure HDF5 and zlib are in place and that programs can compile and link against them. If you look in src/Makevars.in, you can see what substitutions are needed.