[Swarm-Support] Newbie compilation error

From: Vijay
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Newbie compilation error
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:41:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
      I am a total swarm and Objective C newbie compiling my first swarm
program. I am getting some really stupid errors that I have no idea about. I am
sure one of the swarm jedi masters can set me straight in 5 mins.

Here is a .h file from my code called RCIMember.h :

#import <random.h>
#import <objectbase/SwarmObject.h>
#import \"RCIMatrix.h\"

@interface RCIMember: SwarmObject
{
  unsigned int MemberID;
  id ParentSwarm;

  unsigned int OwnedInventoryTypeID;
  unsigned int *ListOfVisitedInventoryTypeID;

  double MeanTimeToNextDeposit;
  double MeanTimeToNextSearch;
  double *CumPreferenceProbabilities;
  double SearchAgainProb;

  unsigned int  RequestedInventoyTypeID;

  id <SimpleRandomGenerator> RandGen;
  id <ExponentialDist> TimeToNextInteractDist;
  id <UniformDoubleDist> PreferenceAndSearchDist;
}

+ create: aZone withParentSwarm: (id)ParentSwarmObj andIDNumber: (unsigned
int)IDNumber;
- MakeDeposit;
- SearchForExchangeInventory;
- ConfirmOrSearchAgain: (unsigned int)InventoryAvailable;
- (unsigned long int)GetTimeOfNextDeposit;
- (unsigned long int)GetTimeOfNextSearch;

Next here is the makefile:

ifeq ($(SWARMHOME),)
SWARMHOME=/usr
endif
APPLICATION=RCIMatrix
address@hidden
APPVERSION=2.1
OBJECTS=RCIMember.o main.o RCIMatrix.o RCI.o

include $(SWARMHOME)/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl

main.o: main.m RCIMatrix.h
RCIMember.o: RCIMember.m RCIMember.h
RCI.o: RCI.m RCI.h
RCIMatrix.o: RCIMatrix.m RCIMatrix.h

And the error i am getting is this:

RCIMember.h:5: error: syntax error before \"interface\"
RCIMember.h:23: error: syntax error before \'}\' token

and it goes on for every other .h file also... What am i missing here? Is there
something that tells gcc to expect objective C code?

Thanks for your help
Vijay