Re: [Swarm-Support] problems in running the javaswarm examples on mac os

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] problems in running the javaswarm examples on mac os X Tiger
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:26:33 +1000

On 11/07/2005, at 7:24 PM, Thomas Louail wrote:
I wish to develop apps withs swarms, but I got a problem in running the java tutorial code example and the jHeatBugs and jMouseTraps examples. The code compiles well, but when I attempt to run these models

/Applications/eclipse/workspace/jheatbugs-2.1 thomas$ javaswarm StartHeatbugs

, the following message prints on my screen :

/usr/local/swarm2.2/bin/javaswarm: line 1: 321 Bus error APPHOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/ JavaVM.framework

It looks as if you are using the old 2.1 examples, which will not work with the current version 2.2 libraries.

Please try the latest examples from:
http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_applications

Bill Northcott