Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm in Linux + Parallelization in Swarm

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm in Linux + Parallelization in Swarm
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:54:52 -0500

It is looking for RPMs that you don't have, so why not figure out what those are and install them.

If you get in a terminal and type

> rpm -Uvh swarmxxx.rpm

it will tell you exactly what is necessary. from the RedHat cds, it may requrie tcl tk tck-devel tk-devel gcc-objc and from the other addon packages, there will be hdf5 and blt.

RedHat 9 is a very very old platform, though, so if you don't find an explanation on my page, or in the email archives, then it might be tough for us to remember what was up.

pj

Venkatesh Pranesh Mysore wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody recently tried installing Swarm on redHat Linux ? (using
http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RH9.0/ )
During the RPMs installation, I get the message "RedHat Linux Disc 2
required for installation. Please insert.". Since I do not have the CD,
I am not able to proceed. Any suggestions ?

Secondly, for performance statistics purposes, I am trying to see how
Swarm simulations support parallelization in code. Can somebody refer me
to any relevant Swarm libraries ?

Thanks.
-Venkat

NYU Bioinformatics Group