Re: Re: [Swarm-Support] Objective C error message or something like that

From: Physician
Subject: Re: Re: [Swarm-Support] Objective C error message or something like that!?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:11:4 +0100

>-> Hello support team, i am doing my first steps on swarm. After
>-> modifying the heatbugs example i got some command line output i do
>-> not understand. It is:
>
>-> '/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/FArguments.m:348 -*Farguments(c)
>-> _setReturnType:*'
>
>-> The '*' is a square bracket, which i am not able to use (perhaps
>-> the mail program) +hmpf+
>
>-> What does this output mean? I think it is Objective C but i can't
>-> find the named file.
>
>-> The program opens the TK windows and later ends up because of a
>-> illegal memory access. The output is written before this illegal
>-> access occurs.
>
>-> I am running a swarm 2.2 pretest 10 version, that should be from
>-> 2003/09. All running on a windows xp.
>
>Please try running heatbugs with the latest official 2.2 Windows
>binary, see download instructions at:
>
> http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_stable_release#Windows_binaries
>
>and FAQ at:
>
> http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm_FAQ:Windows_installation
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alex

I think i didn't formulate the problem so well.

My program is only using the structures that are used in heatbugs. The heatbugs
themselves are beautifully running on my system :-)

So after writing the classes i need, i tried to get it running. The graphical
output doesn't work yet, but i think it is a problem in my class.

The program is an agent-system that should solve the travelling salesman
problem. So i got a 'point' class, a 'world' class and an 'agents' class. The
setup of the swarms seems to run als far as i got to see it through some
println's. the buildObjects and buildActions also run.
The error that gives the output (i thinks it is objective c) occurs after
pressing start button. First the swarms an objects and actions are set up, then
the 'error' occurs.

Some seconds later windows pops up a message window where i am informed, that
the program (my agent-system) wants to read in memory where it doesn't have
authorization.

Is that now better to understand?

With best regards, Sebastian Plaul