[Swarm-Support] Subject: alternaties to inFile and outFile for ascii tex

From: Paul Box
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Subject: alternaties to inFile and outFile for ascii text?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:00:42 +0900

alternaties to inFile and outFile for ascii text?

Hello all

What are the alternatives these days for someone trying to reading and writing
ascii files in swarm?  inFile and outFile are deprecated; I have used low-level
C calls such as scanf, fscanf, strcmp, etc. in past years to get things done,
but I end up tearing my hair out if I leave it and come back to it later.

What are your preferred methods for ascii file manipulation from swarm?