Re: [Swarm-Support] huge memory allocation

From: Russell Standish
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] huge memory allocation
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:49:11 +1000

I'm sceptical this scale of computation can be handled in Swarm. This
sort of computation is feasible in Ecolab (cf the supplied jellyfish
model, which ran effectively with 10^6 agents), but you will need to
have a cluster handy to achieve reasonable simulation times.

BTW - it is vital that you perform spatial binning, regardless of your
simulation platform. This reduces interaction complexity from O(N^2)
to something like O((N/nbins)^2).

                                        Cheers