Re: [Swarm-Support] Array release

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Array release
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:43:32 +1000

Cocoa and Swarm are quite different. The only common element is that use the Objectve-C language syntax. This is like Classic MacOS and MS Foundation Classes both used C++, but MacOS sources will not compile and run on Windows.

Cocoa uses alloc and init to set up new objects and release to destroy them, whereas Swarm uses createBegin and createEnd to set up and drop to destroy. It is like French and English both use the Roman alphabet, sentences ending in periods etc, but they are different languages.

For information, please read the Swarm User and Reference Manuals. The only relevant Apple documentation is the Objective-C language Manual and the development tools like gcc, ld etc. Documentation on Cocoa, coreFoundation etc will only confuse you.

Bill Northcott