[Swarm-Support] objective-c vs. java

From: Vegard Hartmann
Subject: [Swarm-Support] objective-c vs. java
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:50:40 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
I have a question concerning the efficiency of swarm applications written
in objective-c versus java. I have not much experience with programming in
objective-c and was therefore planning on writing my applications in java,
but then I saw an article at the swarm pages saying that applications
written in java are much slower than applications written in objective-c.
As I am working with GA's and swarm simulation I need highly efficient
programs and so I am wondering if anyone know what the status is today?
Does swarm simulations written in java take much longer than simulations
written in objective-c?

-Vegard