[Swarm-Support] [bug #4261] Core dump with R-1.7.1 and add-on package hd

From: nobody
Subject: [Swarm-Support] [bug #4261] Core dump with R-1.7.1 and add-on package hdf5-1.4.7
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:59:56 -0400

=================== BUG #4261: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4261&group_id=1837

Changes by: Alex Lancaster <address@hidden>
Date: Thu 07/17/2003 at 23:59 (US/Pacific)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Category | None                      | Swarm
            Severity | 5 - Major                 | 4

This is a check to see if the posting of followups to e-mail address is working
properly.

=================== BUG #4261: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: eiji                    Project: Swarm
Submitted on: Wed 07/09/2003 at 19:33
Category:  Swarm                      Severity:  4
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  I tried to load a HDF5 file generated by Swarm-2.1.1
(snapshot 2.1.145.20030623) in R version 1.7.1 using the function hdf5load of
the package hdf5-1.4.7. It 'core dumps' with the following error message:

R.bin: H5T.c:5729: H5T_set_size: Assertion `"not implemented yet" && 0' failed.

I have the current latest snapshopt of HDF5 (HDF5-1.4.5-post2) in my linux
machine. I'm using gcc-3.0.1.

I have attempted to load the same HDF5 test-file in an old machine which has
R-1.2.2 and it could  load the file without problems (I'll try to upload the
test file in savannah as a reference).

For those having the same problem and looking for an alternative while this bug
is not solved, there is an alternative package to process HDF5 files in R ->
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.1/package/html/rhdf5.html I
could use making some adaptations in my R scripts.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Thu 07/17/2003 at 23:59       By: alexl
This is a check to see if the posting of followups to e-mail address is working
properly.

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Wed 07/09/2003 at 19:33  Name: ts3n0.hdf  Size: 234KB   By: eiji