[Swarm-Support] Re: swarm os-x install

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: swarm os-x install
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:21:55 +1000

> I installed everything below, but it didn't have javaswarm in it.   So
> I tried to compile swarm-2002-05-14, but I can't get it to see the
> tcl.pkg that I installed.

Thanks for the email.

Please be aware that that Java for MacOS X was not fixed in the source
code until May.  This code has not been released as a source distribution,
but you can get it from the CVS.  Last year's code won't build anything on
the Mac.

We are in the process of doing a new MacOS X build which will include
Java.  This release should also enable the use of the Apple compiler and
so better integration with Apple hardware and developer tools.  At the
moment, we have some issues with the Developer tools update which was
released immediately after the Apple developer conference.  It works for
some people and not others.

If you feel up to having a go at the CVS code please join in.  Otherwise
wait a couple of weeks, and I feel confident we will have the best Swarm
implementation for any OS available on the Mac.  Meanwhile the code on the
web site will work to build apps with the Dev tools update but lacks Java,
and may have problems building a library.

Bill Northcott