[Swarm-Support] Mac OS X success/questions

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Mac OS X success/questions
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:02:00 -0500

Hi all,

I've successfully built Swarm for Mac OS X, and I've successfully built the add-on libraries we use here at UMich and some of our standard demos, with only minor modifications.

I am getting like 600 warnings, however. If these have already been mentioned, I apologize; I must have missed the messages.

Some are like:

/usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name (/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/macosx/swarmx/build/src/space) does not exist

which I assume is a byproduct of Bill's home directory getting left in some config files--I couldn't track down where they were coming from, though. (The only ref I found was in Makefile.common, pnglibdir = /Users/billn/Pulbic/Swarm/libpng-1.2.5/dst/usr/local/lib.)

The rest are "duplicate symbol" warnings for X, like:

/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XDefaultDepth

and the corresponding

symbol _XDefaultDepth used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib(Macros.o) not from earlier dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.2.dylib(Macros.o)

Does somebody know where these are coming from?

Thanks,
Ed