[Swarm-Support] Swarm Tutorial Upgrade: Who wants to help ??? (was Re: [

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Swarm Tutorial Upgrade: Who wants to help ??? (was Re: [Swarm-Support] swarmapps-2.1.1
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:19:27 -0600

I've been meaning to check in these fixes for swarmapps. These problems affect all platforms. If David wants to check them in, that will be fine with me.

Along the way to doing that, I have planed to add this tutorial exercise that shows how to do command line arguments and how to take snapshots:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/ps909/Agent-Based_Models/simpleObserverBug3-6.tar.gz

I would also like to add some whole new applications to the swarm apps package. I would like audience feedback on the possibility that we add the Conway Game of life model I put up here:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/MySwarmCode/ConwayLife-1.1-Swarm-2.1.140.tar.gz
(same one is already in Swarm ftp)

And this model, which needs some updating, but not much. This one is about the Latane dynamic public opinion model.

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/MySwarmCode/SocialImpact-20030224.tar.gz

I'm seriously thinking we should remove the market model from swarmapps, since I've never understood what good it is. In its place, I'd like to put the santa fe Artificial Stock Market 2.1.

I don't know if there is a better venue than swarm support for this discussion, but I will be glad if somebody who knows better would forward this mail to it.

address@hidden wrote:
Hey David,

Do you have any interest in joining the Savannah group and checking
in fixes to those problems?
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/swarm

address@hidden writes:
> Successful compilation of Heatbugs (toasty!), the entire Tutorial, and > Mousetrap (squeak!) > > Unsuccessful compilation of market and both hello-world versions, > basically all of them stemming from this kind of error: > > PplObserverSwarm.m:88: warning: invalid receiver type `void '
 > PplObserverSwarm.m:88: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
> > I'm not sure if anyone actually cares about that, but its a note :-) > > Also I found a few (really, really trivial) documentation bugs in the > Tutorial. > > I should be testing it with some more difficult and varied apps this > weekend and will report my results.

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504