[Swarm-Support] Re: configure script

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: configure script
Date: 17 Feb 2003 01:24:24 -0800

WR> On Friday 17 January 2003 09:35, Willi Richert wrote:
>> Hi, Why? Somewhere I've read that swarm is nearly 10 years old
>> now. I thought it was mature, but if the usage of it is as buggy as
>> installation I have to look for another package.

WR> Finally, I managed to configure/make/make install it. Someone
WR> requested for making .deb-Packages.

Apologies for the delay in replying.  That person was me, I have
finally put the various packaging scripts into the public Savannah
CVS (see below).

WR> If you send me the commands to do this I will.

You can browse the current Debian packaging files (which need to be
updated) at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/swarm/packaging/debian/

When this was last packaged for Debian (in 2000), we used to have
Debian packaging scripts for hdf5, blt (since they weren't part of
Debian), in addition to Swarm, which are probably now included in
current stable Debian 3.0/Woody.

After consulting www.debian.org, it looks like blt is now included in
stable, but hdf5 is included in "testing" as two packages: hdf5-tools
and libhdf5-serial.

To check these files out of anonymous CVS, you can read the
instructions here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=swarm

If you can rework these .deb files, and send me a patch I will check
them into the Savannah CVS.

Thanks,

Alex

   Swarm-Support has migrated to a new server, please use the new e-mail
   address: address@hidden in all future communications.