running models off CD

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: running models off CD
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:06:38 -0700

Happy new year!

I have a client that wants to be able to circulate our Swarm model in
such a way that people can run it without installing Swarm. I recall
from this topic being discussed several years ago that it is not trivial
to create an executable that runs outside Swarm.

Now I am wondering if we could install the model on a CD that also has
Swarm, in the way that the demo apps run on the Swarm release CDs. Could
the people that put together the Swarm CDs tell me how viable this
approach is? What kind of trickery is involved?

Thanks

Steve

--
address@hidden