Re: installing: stuck in tcl/tk

From: Morgan R. Tamplin
Subject: Re: installing: stuck in tcl/tk
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:30:18 +0200

Hello,
Thanks to Alex for advice below, sent to the last email. Unfortunately, I have found out that tcl/tk8.4 does not work with BLT. I am resorting to the earlier version, which is available from fink.

I have since installed all the libraries required by swarm using FinkCommander. Everything appears to be where it should and it's the version numbers stated on the swarm site.. When I run the configure script it gets stuck at this line:

checking for X11/xpm.h... yes
checking for tclsh8.3... yes
checking directory of tcl.h... /sw/include
checking directory and version of libtcl... no
configure: error: Please specify Tcl library path using --with-tcldir

I run configure like this
./configure --with-defaultdir=/sw --with-tcldir=/sw --with-tcllibname=libtcl.dylib

Fink puts everything it installs into the /sw directory, which is structured much like /usr (contains bin, include local...). The /sw directory used by fink is also part of the $path variable. The previous output from configure show it finding things like X11, which also live in /sw. The switches used with configure don't seem to make any difference to being able to find libtcl. It acts the same without them.

Have I got those --with directories correct? I take the instructions to mean that the variable is the directory directly above the lib and include directories that house tcl, etc. In this case, /sw. So far, my best guess is that I've misunderstood what goes in the directory variable.

Morgan