Re: sequence of debugger output

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: sequence of debugger output
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:20:19 -0500

NO, i don't think optimizations are to blame.

If you have randomized the createActionForEach thing, that could explain why it is jumbled.

But if things are happening just plain when you don't expect, it means there is a mistake in your code and you have to figure where. I recommend my students use gdb (the GNU debugger) to step through the model to find out what really happens, step by step. Put a break point somewhere toward the start, and then use "n" or "s" or such to go on.

pj

Leland Hovey wrote:
I've got a simple model I'm attempting to debug (an objective-c impl).
The model has 5 agents and basically I'm monitoring each of the agent's
instance variables.

By monitoring, I mean using several printf statements from a command file
which is a command line debugger option.

I'm noticing the sequence of the output doesn't match the event sequence
of the simulation.

Could this be caused by compiler optimizations of swarm itself?
A problem with my implementation?
A certain debugger setting?
Other?

thanks,