Problem installing Swarm on SuSE Linux 7.3 PowerPC

From: Akiko Ogawa
Subject: Problem installing Swarm on SuSE Linux 7.3 PowerPC
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:43:50 -0400

Hi,

My Swarm installation failed. Could I have your advice?
Thanks to the advice from Alex, I figured out where to start  installation.
managed to install all the needed software in my local directory,
/home/akiko/swarm. When I finally got to Swarm itself and ran "make" after
"configure ...", the error occurred.

_fcall.m:63: warning: implicit declaration of function `av_double'
make[3]: *** [fcall_objc.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/akiko/swarm/swarm-2.1.1/src/defobj'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/akiko/swarm/swarm-2.1.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/akiko/swarm/swarm-2.1.1'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
address@hidden:~/swarm/swarm-2.1.1>

I wonder if its due to the mismatched version of tkConfig.sh, which I was
warned during "Configure". I got a warining line:

configure: warning: tk include and tkConfig.sh file version mismatch "" !=
"8.2.3"

This is probably because I added the following option after "./configure":

--with-tkscriptdir=/home/akiko/swarm/lib/tk8.2

since my first try failed with an error message:

checking directory and version of libtk... /usr/lib, tk8.3
configure: error: Please use --with-tkscriptdir to specify location of
tk.tcl

This was the only one problem I had during the installation of needed
software. I attached the links to the log of configure and make. (The top of
make log is
cut off due to buffer shortage.) Would you please suggest some solutions?

http://web.syr.edu/~akogawa/Swarm/swarmconfiglog.txt
http://web.syr.edu/~akogawa/Swarm/swarmmakelog.txt

Thank you.
Akiko Ogawa