Swarm 2002-04-11 really nice!

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Swarm 2002-04-11 really nice!
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:27:44 -0500

Addressing my concerns about simultaneous EZGraph GUI and hdf5 writing, MGD has made available swarm-2002-04-11, which I've tested and like a lot. I hope you will too, so much so that you can install RedHat linux on your system and use these RPMS at no charge!:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-2.1.136.20020411-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-gcjswarm-2.1.136.20020411-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-jdk-2.1.136.20020411-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-static-2.1.136.20020411-1.i386.rpm

I guarantee that, if you install this Swarm, your EZGraphs will happily be both GUI and create hdf5 output using the idioms I described in my email 2 days ago.

Thanks again, Marcus.

On a related support note....

I've put an item in the SwarmFaq about how Windows users can install the new test versions of Swarm-2.2, which are periodic shapshots that Marcus prepares. In case you need to tell somebody how to do it, please refer them here and give me feedback if there is trouble.

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#3.1
Swarm-2.2 pretest snapshots. How to install?

I'm willing to keep volunteering to do things like this, but only if I have the sense that 1) people use it and 2) are willing to notify me if there is need for change and improvement. I don't want to feel that I'm just documenting this for myself.