Re: Marcus's special Emacs

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Marcus's special Emacs
Date: 14 Aug 2001 15:28:16 -0600

JL> I installed Marcus's special Emacs on Window 95. When I ran it, I
JL> found that I couldn't open a file or create a new file. It seemed
JL> not to be linked with the Windows file systems. What's wrong with
JL> my installation?

I'd guess the problem has to do with the HOME variable not being set
or wrong.  What you want is a subdirectory for your files somewhere on
the hard disk (e.g. c:\jli), and to have the HOME variable set in
autoexec.bat to point at it.  The ~/.emacs file should be installed
there.

(The only thing special about it is that it has an InstallShield
installer and that there is a prepared .emacs.)