Re: Memory cost

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Memory cost
Date: 14 May 2001 12:33:16 -0600

DD> I am trying to figure out why I am running out of memory.
DD> sizeof(Mussel) returns 360 (which I believe is in bytes.)  Does
DD> that take into account memory inherited from SwarmObject?  I run
DD> out of memory at around 17,000 individuals and that is not enough
DD> to account for the additional memory allocated on my machine at
DD> that point.  (around 6 meg vs. 60 meg.)  Is the overhead for lists
DD> very high?  The individuals part of the list should just be the
DD> cost of an "id".

RS> [And could you please break your lines at 75?  Thanks] ralf --

Doug,

And to be a broken record again: you could *please* send plaintext
ASCII to the list, not HTML...  Whatever e-mail client you use
generates very non-WC3 compliant HTML which looks very messy in
text-based email readers like Gnus, pine and VM (which do grok HTML,
btw).  I'm sure I'm alone in finding your e-mail looks like it has
been completely munged and unreadable (with respect to layout, not
content, of course!)

Alex
--
   Alex Lancaster * <address@hidden> * www.santafe.edu/~alex
Dept. of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley (ib.berkeley.edu) * +1 510 642-1233