Re: Porting Swarm to MacOSX

From: Jacobo Myerston
Subject: Re: Porting Swarm to MacOSX
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:39:30 -0400

On Saturday, May 12, 2001, at 09:43 AM, Joaquim Carvalho wrote:

Hello,

I would be very interested in a Swarm port to MacOSX

1) Is the Swarm team considering this port for the future?
2) Is anyone else working/considering to work on such a port?

Take a look at http://gnu-darwin.sourceforge.net/news.html and www.gnu-darwin.com. These developers have already ported several scientific unix applications to darwin and are waiting for a darwin version of gcc that wil be released soon. The most software needed to compile swarm on darwin is already ported: tcltk and hdf5, but in order to build swarm properly we have to wait for gcc.

Jacobo Myerston
U.L.A
Venezuela

If none of the above,

3) does anyone has good advice to me if I decide to take the plunge and start working on it myself?

Joaquim Carvalho
Universit of Coimbra
Portugal

to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp.