Re: Compiling swarm on solaris-8

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Compiling swarm on solaris-8
Date: 02 Apr 2001 11:45:20 -0700

GH> I have built 2001-03-28, which shows the same problem

GH> 270 ./src/SwarmEnvironment.m
GH> 619 ./java/c/SwarmEnvironment.m

GH> Can it be that these to files are mixed up during the build?  As one of
GH> them is the reported 270 lines long and the other is much longer.

They are different things.

GH> I have run gdb on it (complete output is attached)

GH> 0xf4b62de8 in swarm_lookup_module () at SwarmEnvironment.m:271

You need to have Emacs 20 installed and the gperf program and in your
PATH.  They are are available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/{emacs,gperf}.

I'd suggest you get today's 2001-04-02 snapshot and build that after
making sure Emacs and gperf are available.  These tools are used to
create the perfect-hash lookup that associates Java packages with
Swarm modules, which is what is causing your crash.

(Note that these snapshots are not releases.  It is expected that
people that build these will be prepared to investigate minor build
problems like this.)