Re: World does not recognize allocIVars:

From: Ken Gosier
Subject: Re: World does not recognize allocIVars:
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 07:57:08 -0500

Just to follow up on a question I had asked yesterday:

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> KG> error: World (class) World does not recognize allocIVars: Abort
> KG> (core dumped)
>
> KG> world = [World createBegin: modelZone];
>
> Are you sure that modelZone is a Zone?  You should find that allocIVars:
> is being sent to a Zone...

In this case, I'm pretty sure modelZone is being set correctly. I create
it on one of the preceding lines, and I am able to allocBlock blocks for
strings within modelZone, and then print out those strings.

I'm still completely baffled by the allocIVars error message. I've tried
various things. But gdb can't even seem to make it to the start of the
createBegin method.

It's interesting though, that allocIVars is usually an error msg for
Zones, though. Since World is of type Swarm, it should be a Zone as
well, no? It seems to me that World is not being set up correctly
somehow, though I've checked all the #import's etc. about a hundred
times now, and I can't seem to find anything wrong.

Ken Gosier
address@hidden
address@hidden