RE: JDK1.3 vs. Kaffe; FArgumentsImpl broken in swarm.jar

From: Tee Toth-Fejel
Subject: RE: JDK1.3 vs. Kaffe; FArgumentsImpl broken in swarm.jar
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:57:23 -0500

No. I got them from fixes at the same time.

The problem is the swarm.jar file
hat I got from ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/2.1.1-fixes/
229,854 swarm.jar.gz 10/1/00/ 2:16 PM

C:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\swarm>dir
 Directory of C:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\swarm
11/14/00  03:06p               348,617 swarm.jar

I extracted everything, and then finally got javap to work by giving it the
correct classpath:

C:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\swarm\swarm\defobj>javap -classpath ..\..\
swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl
Compiled from FArgumentsImpl.java
public class swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl extends java.lang.Object implements
swarm.defobj.Create, swarm.defobj.CreateS
swarm.defobj.Drop, swarm.defobj.DropS, swarm.defobj.FArgumentsS,
swarm.defobj.FArguments {
    public native swarm.defobj.Symbol getLanguage();
    ...<stuff deleted>
    public native java.lang.String getName();
    public swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl();
    public swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl(swarm.defobj.Zone,swarm.Selector);
    public swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl(swarm.defobj.Zone);
}

Notice the end:  There is no such thing as
public
swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl(swarm.defobj.Zone,swarm.Selector,swarm.defobj.Sy
mbol);

Hence, when compiling under java 1.3 afer making the change you suggested, I
get:

C:\jheatbugs-2.1>javac *java
HeatbugModelSwarm.java:298: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor FArgumentsImpl
(HeatbugModelSwarm,swarm.Selector,swarm.defobj.Symbol)
location: class swarm.defobj.FArgumentsImpl
                        new FArgumentsImpl (this, sel,
Globals.env.LanguageJava)));
                        ^
1 error

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.erim.org/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan